Friday, January 2, 2015

Disappointing Product: Nyx Matte Nude Lipstick

I absolutely love Nyx, it's one of my favorite (if not favorite) drugstore brands. I especially love their lip products. However, every brand has to have it's failed items, for some if not others. I imagine this lipstick may work on some people - especially those with medium to dark skin tones. This may look beautiful on you, but it sure doesn't on me!

This is from their Matte line, in the shade simply titled 'Nude.' It's kind of a peachy nude, but on me it looks chalky and dry. It makes my lips dry out like crazy, and shows every crack in them. It washes my skin out as well (I'm very pale) and just generally doesn't flatter me at all. I've worn it once, and regretted that decision immediately. I have to be careful with mattes because my lips can get dry pretty quickly, but some work pretty well for me, especially with a little extra help from a balm. This one is beyond helping, unfortunately.

This lipstick didn't work for me, but it may work very well for others. I'd say if you're a very pale person, don't try it. The shade isn't too flattering for pale skin tones, but if you like the way it looks on you, then by all means rock it! I was personally quite disappointed with this lip product, though I'd like to try another Matte from Nyx and see if the formula itself is too drying for me or if it's just this particular color. 



7 comments:

  1. It's always a bummer when a product you're hopeful for turns out to be a dud. At least there are plenty of other nice lip products out there! Thanks for your honest review! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it ): But they have plenty of other amazing lip products to make up for it. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hello, loved reading your little review, despite it not being a positive one. It is worth hearing of which lipsticks are good and which aren't, us girls spend so much money on these products we need to stick together, haha.
    Fae xo | SodaBerries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's true, it's always good to get an idea of what not to spend your money on! xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is pretty, I sure wish it worked for me ):

      Delete
  4. amazing blog post

    and lovely blog you have here !!


    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade

    ReplyDelete