Wednesday, January 21, 2015

NYX Cream Blush | Review

I had only ever owned powder blushes, which of course are great. I then recieved a Nyx cream blush in an Ipsy bag when I was still subscribed to it, and having tried it out several times since then I can safely say I very much love cream blushes. This one is in the shade Boho Chic, and is a lovely peachy-pink color that suits my skin tone perfectly.

What I like best about a good cream blush is that when you're going for a dewy or glowy look, like I often do, a cream blush will suit that look best. Powder blushes tend to mattify the cheeks, which isn't what you always want when going for that dewy look. A cream blush will keep the glow in place, along with adding its subtle pop of color. 

I tend to apply with my fingers, though you can dot it on your cheeks and blend out with a beauty blender or other preferred tool of choice. And, just like with all blushes, a little can go a long way. 

I really love cream blushes, especially Nyx ones, as they're affordable yet amazing. I recommend trying one of theirs if you've never tried a cream blush before. 




(as you can see, the logo has worn off on the cover quite a bit - it's been thrown around a lot!)

12 comments:

  1. not really a blush wearer but this looks stunning!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like NYX cream blushes too, the formula is so lovely and easy to blend <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the look of this but I'm just not a fan of cream blushes at all - blending is such a pain!

    Holly xx
    www.hollysbeautybox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine they wouldn't work for everyone, like most products. I'm sorry they don't work out for you :c

      Delete
  4. I have only ever owned one cream blush and it just didn't work for me, powder blushes all the way!

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is still my first, I'd love to try some more and get a better judgment of them. But I know they won't work for everyone! Thanks for replying c:

      Delete
  5. Great review! Thanks!
    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blush sounds lovely, I think I prefer cream blushes to powder ones!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure which I prefer yet, I can't choose. It is very nice, though :)

      Delete