Friday, January 16, 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost | Review

I purchased this last year with a few other items from TBS. I've nearly used it all by this point, and I would have used it all a lot sooner if I had been able to figure out how it worked best with me sooner! This product is a gel-like product with a somewhat oily feeling, and is meant to give radiance to dull skin (which is why I bought it).

First, I'd like to say this product smells awesome! It smells like oranges, which is quite lovely. The somewhat oily consistency throws me off every time, as it's not an oil at all. It glides on the skin pretty smoothly, but can leave your skin feeling oily and strange. 

I've tried using it just on its own, which leaves the aforementioned oily texture. I wasn't impressed with that, and it also didn't seem to do anything for me. I also tried using it as a primer, but that didn't do so great either.

Finally, I tried using it right before my moisturizer, hoping the moisturizer could cancel out some of the oily feeling. It does feel a lot better when used this way (as opposed to after, which feels oily and just stays on the outer layer of my skin). I like it much better like this, and use it every time, though I have to admit I don't notice much of a difference in my skin's radiance.

Out of all the products I bought, this was the most disappointing but not terrible. I feel like it would work better with someone who didn't have dry skin? Possibly. I absolutely adore their hydrating skin care, which makes my skin feel like heaven, but this just didn't seem to do it for me.

At least it smells great! xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment