Sunday, January 18, 2015

Two Little Lipsticks




My two most recent lipstick purchases were beyond deserving of their own little blog post. I haven't been able to buy much new makeup during my move, and I'm still adjusting. I bought these just before moving, and I've worn them a couple of times since and I'm already in love with both of them.

All you MAC lovers can probably recognize the little orange one there. I had been eyeing Saigon Summer for a while, as I was intrigued by its color and wondered if it would even work on me. I bit the bullet and bought it the other day, and I must say I'm not disappointed. It actually flatters me quite nicely, and as a cremesheen it's a little sheer but buildable and very easy on my dry lips. I adore it!

The second lipstick I didn't actually buy, per say. I had enough Sephora points saved up to pick out a little something from the counter for free, and as nothing else looked particularly appealing I got the Bite Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate (that's a lot of p's). It's absolutely gorgeous, and a dream to apply. It's very creamy and opaque, and I love lip pencils for their ease of use. The red is a gorgeous deep red, and doesn't dry your lips out or even rub off all that easily. It's one of my new absolute favorites. I'm so pleased with it. I feel like if it weren't for those Sephora points, I would have overlooked the Bite pencils completely! I usually do. It all worked out in the end, didn't it?


16 comments:

  1. They're really nice shades, will have to have a look on MAC's website when I get paid!

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around and about my blog <3)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pigment pencil looks great! I'll have to check it out :) Thanks for sharing!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is great, I'd definitely recommend it. Thank you for reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty bright shades! Great post Hali!
    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! The Bite Pigment pencil looks insane- I love it! Which one do you prefer- the pencil or the lipstick? X

    thatpollyanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little difficult to pick, but I'd have to say the pencil. It's such a gorgeous red and so smooth and lovely, and so flattering. It's so beautiful xx

      Delete
  6. the mac lipstick looks gorj! and the bite pigment looks like a good alternative if you dont want something quite as bright
    inspiring images!
    www.fergzillas.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweetie, I want to invite you to join my giveaway, you can win a lovely necklace! :) I hope you join and I hope you win, good luck! By the way Love this post!

    Fashion gets Fierce Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a sweet giveaway (pun intended) xx

      Delete
  8. Those look amazing!
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete