Saturday, January 17, 2015

NARS Sheer Glow | Review

Hello everybody! Today I decided to review a very popular item in the beauty world. The Nars Sheer Glow foundation has been passed through many beauty-hardened hands, and has a rather half-and-half reputation from what I've seen. Some people seem to swear by this foundation, some people say it absolutely didn't work for them and they don't get the hype.

So, why not offer my contribution to the multitude of opinions? For reference, I have the color Mont Blanc or Light 2, which is one of their palest colors and has somewhat warm tones to it. I'm not entirely sure if they have formulas based on warm or cool skin tones. In any case, the color suits me quite well and I have no problems with mismatching of color. 

I got the Sheer Glow instead of Matte because I have fairly dry skin, and I love a glowy look to my skin. This foundation is supposed to help those with dry skin as well as give a dewy finish. I have to say that the promised dewy finish is a little lacking, at least for my tastes. It goes on quite sheer, as the name implies, but is also buildable, and doesn't look streaky or cake-y on my face. I'm always a bit disappointed with the lack of a glowy finish, but I don't mind terribly. 

I will say this foundation doesn't offer anything outstanding, but it is a pretty decent foundation and I enjoy using it. I may not purchase it again, as it runs for a pretty penny, but it was a fun product to try out and use. I definitely wish it came with a pump, as I find pumps to be much more useful and less wasteful. For this one, you have to shake the bottle then open it up and apply. You have to be careful with pouring it out, as you can end up pouring too much (it's slightly runny, so watch for that). I love the packaging, it's gorgeous and feels like the high-end product that it is. 

I will also note that when my skin is particularly dry, it tends to cling to those dry patches and draw attention to them. That is also a bit of a skincare problem, and I'm still working out a flawless routine for those stubborn dry patches.




So, all in all, this foundation is pretty cool, but not THAT cool. You know what I mean? It does nothing beyond amazing for me, but it is a decent foundation that I like. I likely won't buy it again, and will move on to different foundations to try out and hope for the best.

Hope this review was helpful or insightful in some way! Thank you for reading. xx


2 comments:

  1. I have only read great things about this foundation, it's kind of refreshing reading some negative comment on it. Thanks for the honest review!

    http://bigfluffycats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete