Sunday, December 7, 2014

Top 5 Lipsticks


I decided to gather up my five favorite lipsticks, both drugstore an high-end, and write a little bit about each and why they're my favorite! I don't know about you, but lipsticks are one of my guilty pleasure products. I hoard lipsticks, and often have to restrain myself from buying more. I actually have this product with most makeup products...perhaps I'm just a makeup hoarder?

I have two high-end and three drugstore lipsticks here, and while they are some of my favorites, it's nice to have some of the affordable variety. Here we go, from left to right:

Milani Lipstick in Black Cherry - The Milani lipsticks are some of my favorite drugstore lip products in general. They come in a variety of textures (cream, matte, etc., just read the labels) and are extremely smooth and colorful. They also smell wonderful! Black Cherry is a dark purple-y red color, and looks gorgeous on pale skin (like mine). I believe Milani lipsticks run for about $6-7, and I buy mine at Walgreens.

NARS Audacious Lipstick in Annabella - The Audacious line is gorgeous in and of itself. Annabella is actually my first lip product from Nars, and I have to say I'm super impressed!! It's a super bright red that, again, looks gorgeous on pale skin. I'd naturally recommend a lip liner for this, or any red lipstick, as they can be difficult to work with, but it's so worth it. These run for about $35 a tube I believe. Quite expensive, but worth it in my opinion. And of course, there are always drugstore dupes to be found.

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa - I picked this color because it's a bright, almost hot pink/fuschia color, and I didn't have the color in my line up. But let me just say the soft matte creams from Nyx are AMAZING. I literally love every single color. They are so lovely. For a drugstore lip product, I highly recommend investing in these, or even their lip butters. I just love the way these smell, their texture, their color pay-off, their lasting power, everything. I'm highly impressed with these. Nyx is one of my fave drugstore brands anyway, but wow! I can't adequately express my love for these without rambling for ages. I literally want every single color. For those confused by the name, these lipsticks are a cream, but dry matte on the lips, and they don't dry your lips out at all. Which is great, because my lips get super dry. These run for about $5 I believe.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Pourpre Intouchable - Yet another high-end, these lipsticks run for about $32 at Sephora. I was drawn in by YSL's gorgeous packaging, but I have to say this lipstick quickly became a favorite. I'm not sure about their other colors, and would like to try them, but this one suits my skin tone particularly well. As a shine, it's a little sheer, but is buildable, and has tiny little glitters in it. It also smells like peaches, aka delightful. The tube feels weighty and expensive in my hand, which just sings to my inner makeup hoarder. I really love this lipstick, and plan to invest in a few more YSL colors in the future. 

Rimmel Lipstick in Bordeaux - I have many of the Kate Moss lipsticks from Rimmel, but this one beat them out just a bit. It's one of my oldest lippies in my collection, and an old favorite. It's a dark burgundy red, absolutely beautiful, and again it smells oddly nice (though the Kate Moss lippies smell even better). It really sticks to my lips, even on my long days, and doesn't cake up on my lips and make them look dry and cracked. It's one of those that I constantly reach for, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap, good lipstick. In fact, I'd recommend Rimmel in general! They're pretty great.


So, there you have it! My top five favorite lipsticks. I'm sure I'll do many more top five product posts, as I highly enjoyed making this and sharing what I love. As my collection grows, I may also make a separate drugstore faves & high-end faves! Who knows :)

See you around lovies xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment