Monday, December 29, 2014

Argan Oil?

Hello there! I guess this entry isn't so much a review as an observation. I'm pretty sure every person interested in beauty has heard about argan oil at some point, and it seems a lot of people have begun including it in their routines, myself included. I'd heard all about its beneficial and restorative properties, and let me tell you my hair needs some loving. It's rather thin and dry, and I often felt like it just didn't...look right.

I was never one for a lot of hair products, because the few that I tried when I was in high school made my hair feel awfully greasy. I even tried coconut oil about a year ago, and maybe I did something wrong, but my hair was sooo heavy and flat and just greasy and awful. It took me about five washes to get it back to normal and I felt stripped bare afterward.

After that little fiasco I was a little wary of trying anything with the word 'oil' in it for my hair, but I finally decided to give argan oil a try. It took me a few tries to get it right, as I used it on my dry hair at first (don't judge me). Then I just used it on my ends, but that didn't seem to give me the results I wanted. Finally, I tried spraying it all over my hair right after a shower and then bundling it up in a towel, and viola.

My hair seems thicker, bouncer, it flows together beautifully, and it's noticeably softer after I do that. I'm in love with it. I'll likely be trying several brands of argan oil to see which one I like best, as time goes on, but for now I am using this: 



This is the Organix Argan Oil. It comes in a spray bottle, and has a very light and inoffensive scent. It was about $8 or so, I believe, and I bought it at Walgreens. I bought it on a whim to be honest, and I'm very happy with the results. I'd definitely say it does something good for me. I'd like to try a range of prices and brands, from expensive, to mid-range, to cheaper bottles like this one, and see which works best for my hair.

I'm very happy I jumped on the argan oil bandwagon, my hair desperately needed something to boost it up a little. It's gotten very long and heavy lately. If anyone else is thinking about trying it out, I say go for it. 

6 comments:

  1. I've tried a shampoo with argan oil in and it made a massive difference, it really is a wonder product for hair! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try a shampoo version too, it sounds easier. It really is, I'm glad I tried it!

      Delete
  2. I always tell myself I'm going to start using amazing things for my hair, but I never do! I need to get some this and actually do it :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I always say I need to and then never do. I had this bottle for a month before I really started using it...I'm awful!

      Delete
  3. Ooh it sounds lovely! I think I need to start getting into the habit of using nice oils on my hair! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It took some trial and error but it was worth it xx

      Delete