Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick | Review


Yet another small review for you guys! I'd heard a few good things about Stila's liquid lipsticks, and as a huge fan of liquid lipsticks anyway, I was very excited to receive a little version of the product in my Birchbox. I received the color Beso, which is a gorgeous red.


It's very highly pigmented, and one swipe produces all the color you need. Unfortunately, this lipstick is not my friend. I wanted it to be, very badly. It had other ideas. Perhaps I got a dud, or maybe the smaller sizes aren't as good as the full-size versions. I'm not quite sure, but let me tell you my problem with this product. While the pigmentation and color is absolutely gorgeous, this lipstick does not "stay all day." Not even an hour, actually. After about 45 minutes of wearing this, I checked in a mirror to see how it was faring and the answer was: not well. There was a bare, very visible ring on the center of my lips where the lipstick had apparently rubbed off. It was also balling up, for lack of a better word, on my lips. It was not a very pretty sight. I re-applied to see if that would help, but the same thing happened. It just would not stay on my lips. It was also hell to get off of my lips, and left a lovely stain. Additionally, the scent is a little off-putting for me. I'm sure they mean it to smell like vanilla cupcakes, and it does, sort of. It's more like a vanilla cupcake chemical bath, and it's borderline sickly sweet. I could get over that, except the smell sticks around for about 30 minutes after application. 

I was very sad that this product didn't work for me, and I don't think I'll pay $22 for a full-size one to try. I'd rather try other liquid lipsticks, to be honest. Sorry, Stila, this one is a big miss for me. 

To close, let's have my blog earn its namesake:


One big, not-so-fluffy cat!


4 comments:

  1. I've heard so many things about this liquid lipstick - look how beautifully it swatches! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does swatch beautifully, wish it stayed that way! Lol

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried Stila lip products before~! The color is super pretty <33

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! Just wish it worked for me ):

      Delete