Saturday, August 29, 2015

Review | Nyx HD Finishing Powder



I was in need of a decent setting product, as my last setting spray finally ran out. I decided to try my hand at a powder, which I usually don't bother with as my skin is very dry and flaky and powder tends to emphasize that. But, as I learned, some powders tend to work fairly okay with dry skin types, and now it was up to me to experiment and see which ones could.

I decided to get the NYX HD finishing powder as my first try. It was relatively inexpensive so if it failed, I wouldn't be out of a good chunk of my wallet. I also decided to go for the mint green color, as I do have a fair bit of redness as well. Couldn't hurt, right? I'd tried their translucent setting powder once before, when it came in the tub and you had to sprinkle it out. I hated that powder, as it showed off my dryness, and was the powder that made me swear off powders. But, now it was in a friendly compact, re-formulated, and I got it on a whim.

I must say I'm not disappointed! I don't use much, and mainly keep it concentrated under my eyes so my concealer doesn't crease. It does emphasize my dry skin a tiny bit, but not to such a noticeable or horrendous degree as powders can. It's quite bearable, and my concealer doesn't crease. The powder is very fine and thin, so it doesn't cake on and it's easy to control the amount you apply. I can't say I've noticed any difference in my redness, but I didn't really buy it for that. It may not be perfect, but it's decent, and that's good enough for me! I'd say this is a hit, and a cheaper option than more high-end setting powders that could potentially not work for me. After some research, I'm sure I can more confidently choose a high-end powder that could suit me. But this was a good first try, and restored my faith in setting powders a bit. As it is, I still want to invest in a good setting spray!

4 comments:

  1. great review. This cosmetics brand I never tried :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great and inexpensive brand, definitely worth a try!

      Delete
  2. I have their old powder and I don't absolutely hate it, but I don't love it either! I might have to pick up their new one now---thank god they changed the formula into a pressed powder haha!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so happy they changed the formula! It's now a fairly decent setting powder now haha.

      Delete