Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara | Review


(I'm afraid I'm still not very good at taking pictures! I need a good background..)

Okay, so, this was a mascara that everyone in the beauty community was in love with like, last year. And I know everyone has moved on to the Better Than Sex mascara, which I personally don't like a whole lot. But I finally used up ALL of this mascara (yes! all of it! that never happens) and I can safely say it is definitely one of my favorite mascaras out there, drugstore or high end.

I've been trying a few new ones out since using this up, and so far the next best thing for me is the Urban Decay Perversion mascara, which looks nice but is very hard to remove. What I liked about Tarte's little tube was that it made my lashes look nice, it didn't flake off ever, it didn't clump, it didn't smudge, and it was relatively easy to remove at the end of the day. It was everything good in a mascara that I liked, and I was honestly just never not tired of it. 

I'd say my only not-so-favorite thing about it was the packaging. It's a little awkward, but the purple and gold looks really nice. But, hey, I can get over packaging if the formula is amazing. And it is. 

I will say this is the 4-in-1 kind, I know they had a few different "types" of this mascara so I don't know what the others are like. This one, however, is getting a repurchase once I use up my sample mascaras. Big thumbs up, Tarte!

3 comments: