Wednesday, November 18, 2015

11.18.15


It's getting so much colder here lately, and I know one day I'm going to wake up to a little snowfall. In fact, I just ordered some "winter" boots for the heavy snow this year. When I moved here n January, even though I had bought lots of clothing for snow, I was still pretty unprepared. Coming from an area where it gets relatively cold but never snows, I was just not ready to be thrown into thick, constant snow days.

This year I'm going to be a little more prepared. I've already started buying some sweaters, eyeballing scarves and gloves, and hunting down my thermals. I'm ready for you, snow!

I'm also in such a journal-y mood lately. I've been working through my journal some, but I also just love writing on my own blog rather freely, just like this, chronicling my thoughts. There's something very calming and soothing about it, especially during the winter months. I like keeping the content on my blog kind of all-over-the-place, because honestly, that's me! I'm everywhere. I love makeup and beauty but I also love writing, and soft pretty things, and whimsy. And there are more things I could push onto this blog, but I definitely don't want to overwhelm it, and no longer find in joy in it. I like the little niche I'm carving so far. It suits me just fine. :)

2 comments:

  1. Never would I have thought I would ever say this, but I almost envy those who can actually experience some snow this winter!
    I likely won't, as I'll be in the land down under for the coldest time of the year and as I haven't seen much snow in the previous years I already kind of miss it!

    You have such a lovely blog & I love your style of writing btw. <3

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! <3
      I think after experiencing a winter in New York I envy those who don't have snow! I almost wish I were back home, haha.

      Delete