Friday, May 1, 2015

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara | Review



I have a sample size of Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara which I got in a set over Christmas. I've been slowly trying out each mascara in it, and this was the latest one I've been trying.

I've heard a lot of good things about this mascara. All sorts of beauty bloggers and Youtubers have been raving about it, so I was very excited to see it was included in the set. I'd been wanting to try it anyway, but at the time I had recently bought Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes mascara so I didn't want to buy another pricey full-size mascara. So when I got to try a little tube of it, I was very excited!

But, I don't like this mascara. I'll just come out and say it.

I do like that it's quite lengthening and gives some lovely volume after two coats. That part is great. What I don't like is that it flakes off like crazy, to the point I have little black mascara flecks all over my cheeks all day. It also runs off my bottom lashes, so I have little black smudges under my eyes to match the flecks. It flakes off, it bleeds, and yet somehow it's hard to take off. I have to clean my eyelashes so thoroughly I'm scared they'll fall out from how rough I have to treat them. And yet it seems no matter how much I clean them, a little mascara somehow manages to stay - I still wake up with black smudges under my eyes the next morning. Not an attractive look, I tell you.

I wanted to like this mascara so badly. It's gorgeous, simple and sleek packaging called to me, the name is cheeky, and I love Too Faced. But, every brand has to have their misses. I think this is one is a miss for Too Faced. If I could return this, I would, and I never return things. That's how disappointed I was with this.

I've stopped using it regularly now, and have switched to another mascara in the set. So far I am loving it much more, and I will have a review up of it as soon as I'm sure of my opinion on it. Thank you for reading! :)

6 comments:

  1. So sad that it kept flaking! Good thing it was only a sample size!

    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm glad I got the chance to try it without buying a full size :(

      Delete
  2. Awh I've heard good things about this mascara, sorry it didn't work for you. At least you didn't fork out too much for a full size one haha :) Sinead x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I heard such good things about it! Maybe my eyelashes are just weird :p I'm glad too, saved me some money.

      Delete
  3. I completely agree! I bought the full size one and literally hated it!
    I thought I was the only one who thought this haha.
    ellie x

    http://thousandworldsthousandstories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete