Monday, May 25, 2015

On A Day Off


I had a day off from work and although I didn't go anywhere, I enjoyed myself immensely.

I'm very much an introvert, and almost always have been. I enjoy having some alone time for myself, and feel refreshed and recharged after having spent some time doing things I love by myself. Many people are led to believe introverts are shy and quiet and hate being around people - which isn't necessarily the case. It just means that we tend to feel at our best and can recharge when we are alone. Extroverts, conversely, get their energy from being around people. There is a spectrum to the introvert-extrovert, as there is a spectrum with many things, but I won't go into that right now. 

What I'm trying to say, of course, is that I spent my day mostly alone and loved it. I read a few short stories, had some rosehip tea and apples (and I cut my finger cutting the apples - not terribly, but I will remember to be more careful), cuddled with the cats, and took some pictures. It may not sound like much, but I thoroughly loved my day.

I will end this little diary entry here, and return to my reading - but first, I will leave a poem that I particularly love, and that I find repeats itself in my head often:

I heard the old, old men say
'Everything alters,
And one by one we drop away.'
They had hands like claws, and their knees
Were twisted like the old thorn trees
By the waters.
I heard the old, old men say
'All that's beautiful drifts away
Like the waters.'
-"The Old Men Admiring Themselves In The Water," William Butler Yeats

11 comments:

  1. Although I do love spending time with friends I need my alone time sooo badly! Really love the poem x

    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I make sure in between time with friends I have some for just me as well.

      Delete
  2. I honestly don't have a lot of friends so I spend a lot of time by myself anyway (pr with family) and although some times I find it very lonely there are times when I actually enjoy being by myself. I like my own company and just doing things on my own that make me happy. I think it's always important to have that 'me' time to get to know your self and separate yourself away from people for a little bit. :) http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course it's good to hang out with people too! just realised that post made me sound a bit boring haha! x

      Delete
    2. Haha not at all! I'm much the same way, I don't go out as much as some people and I really prefer it that way. It may make me sound boring but I find going out more than I is comfortable for me really just drains me and makes me a drag anyway! It can definitely be good to enjoy some alone time and get to know yourself :)

      Delete
  3. I quite enjoy spending days to myself..I work with a lot of my friends so on my days off I don't make plans and I just sit alone its so nice!!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! I work with almost all of my friends here so I especially love having a little time to myself :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I'm an introvert too and feel the same way about alone time. It's not that I don't like to be around people, I do enjoy it but I need time to be alone. I loved the poem! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm exactly the same-its so lovely to just have your own company now and again. That poem is so cute;great little post. Olwyn x

    wordsonanemptypage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete