Saturday, May 23, 2015

OFRA Universal Eyebrow Pencil | Review




I received this pencil ages ago in either an ipsy bag or a Glossybox, but basically I've had it for a quite a bit.

I've used it fairly often, on and off, and it's about half the size it was when I originally got it. However, I'm not sure if I'll use the whole pencil up.

For one, this pencil goes down fast. I can sharpen it, and after one eyebrow it's practically a nub again. I also don't quite like the color - it claims to be universal, therefore good for everyone, but something about the color doesn't look right on me. Maybe it's too much of a red-brown? I'm not sure, but it doesn't quite suit me.

And lately, though it wasn't that bad before, I've noticed that the formula has gotten extremely waxy. Being a bit waxy can actually be a good thing, as it can help keep the brow hairs in place without the added help of a brow gel. But this goes above and beyond waxy, and makes my eyebrows look almost flat and wet. I'm not sure why that happened, and I'll try it again a few times just to make sure, but I wasn't horribly impressed by this pencil last time I used it.

I recently ran out of my previous brow pencil (and I plan on making an empties post, which it will be in) and turned to this one, but was sorely disappointed and had to turn to a brown eyeshadow to do my eyebrows. Not the best, but it'll do. I just bought a Nyx brow product, so I'll be using that now and seeing how it goes.

Thanks for reading. :)

6 comments:

  1. Barry M Brow kit is good, it's not a pencil it's wax and powder and it's really good, swear by it!

    Meme xx

    Latest Post:
    'Magic Is Everywhere'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to try that! I always hear good things about Barry M but it isn't sold here. I want to order some soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised this product did not meet your expectations - it's rather hard to find good brow pencil..

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, sadly ): It's taken me ages to find one I liked alright.

      Delete
  3. Such a pity it didn't work out for you. Always feels like such a waste when that happens.

    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ): and I never know what to do with the leftover product!

      Delete