Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Dear November...


November in New York has been very finicky in terms of weather. There have been a few windy, cold days that required some extra layers, but many of the days have been mild and easy to endure. Today (and supposedly tomorrow) it rained all day, but it was hardly cold. 

It's been a very strange month for me, so I'm looking to December with some trepidation. In addition to ongoing therapy, I got a tooth removed, school has been trying to murder me, my job has also been trying to murder me, and my parents visited last weekend! They didn't stay but that weekend, as New York can be quite expensive and they have their own bills to pay, but it was a whirlwind of fun. I took them to a few touristy spots such as the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, we saw The Rockettes, and watched a hockey game featuring my mom's favorite team (Pittsburgh Penguins, in case you were wondering). It was extremely fun, punctuated with great food and nice people. 


In addition to all of that, I've just been feeling quite lost. What's new? I'm so unsure of what to do with my future, and any tentative plans I have I'm afraid to confide in anyone. There are a few things I dream of and desire, but I don't think those dreams are attainable any time soon. Perhaps, by the time they would even be considerable, I may even grow out of them. Who knows? 

But this feeling of listlessness and loss has been very overwhelming and emptying for me. I've not been feeling much like myself, sadly. I'm not sure how to break out of that. I hope December will provide some answers for me,




0 comments:

Post a Comment