Sunday, April 9, 2017

Review | Yes To Coconut Hydrate & Restore Mask


Sadly I don't have a picture of my own to use for this, as I threw the packets away ):

I bought these on a whim while at Target one day because I was looking for some new sheet masks to try. My skin has been feeling some kind of damaged after the lengthy dry, windy winter here and I've been desperately hunting for some pick-me-ups for my skin. I've tried a few things in the Yes To line that I've liked, though of course not everything has been perfect.

I should've read the reviews before buying this, honestly. I bought two, one for me and one for my best friend to try. He immediately took his off because it started burning. I only felt an extremely mild sensation that I wasn't sure how to deal with, so I left it on for five minutes. I read some reviews after this experience, and he wasn't the only one. A great many of the people who have tried this have experienced some mild to intense burning and even swelling/redness.

It didn't burn me, but my face was sticky after I took it off, and the smell is actually a bit nauseating. It's a very fake coconut scent that's a bit too sweet, almost like sunscreen. It didn't do anything noticeable for my skin, and honestly the construction of the mask is kind of wonky too. It didn't stick to my face, especially my chin area. I practically had to hold it on myself. I've never had this problem with sheet masks before.

I definitely would not buy this again, and would not recommend it to anyone. I'm kind of hesitant to try any of their other sheet masks, too. I'll just read the reviews first next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment