Thursday, July 14, 2016

7.14.16

(photo by me)

"Now roll your tongue in honey till your cheeks are
Swarming honeycombs- your world needs sweetening, child."
-Wole Soyinka, "Dedication"

I am terrible about keeping up with this blog! As soon as I got back to New York I started a new job that's been sapping my energy. I only work part-time but for some reason it just drains me for the rest of the day and I barely get anything done, which is unfortunate because there is a lot I want to do! But it's been making my mental illness flare up pretty horribly so everything I want to do just becomes a big pile of mush in my brain. 

I'd also say this blog is quickly becoming more of a personal diary than anything beauty related, but I don't mind all that much. I'm still very much into beauty, but I just haven't found the correct creative approach I want to take for it yet. Every entry I attempt to make about something beauty related feels so forced and contrived, like you could read that anywhere. I just don't know where I want to go with it. But diary entries are easy, and I like filling my spaces with beautiful and calming things. Honestly I think I'd like to move into more fashion than beauty, but I still have issues with my face so I'm coming to terms with if I want to do that or not. I just love seeing the creative outfits people can put together and want to join in on that fun! 

Also, the picture is from Central Park! I found a gorgeous little pond surrounded by trees and thick grass and honestly just from this picture, you can't even tell it's in the center of Manhattan. It's so beautiful! I want to go back and just sit and relax here. But I was on a Pokemon Go mission, so I couldn't stay long ): I did catch a few good pokemon though!!

Hope your days have been well, and see you again soon~

0 comments:

Post a Comment