Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ology Gently Soothing Facial Towelettes | Review


I bought these make-up wipes on a whim a few weeks ago while out in Manhattan. I have a cream make-up remover already, but wanted to try some old fashioned wipes to see how they would work for me. These were ~$5 at a Duane Reade, and of course I decided to buy these instead of the $10 wipes right next to them. I've tried a few different brands of make-up wipes in the past, and none of them have really impressed me. But, that doesn't stop me from trying new ones!

The packaging is very simple and pleasing. The wipes themselves seem to retain moisture very well, and remain wet while I wipe off my face (which is very nice, nothing worse than it getting dry half-way through). It does pull a little at my skin, but it's not harsh or bad enough that I dislike them.

I'm actually quite fond of these! For $5 they're very good. They remove almost all of my make-up, and what it doesn't get (usually leftover mascara that runs to my under-eye area), I just remove with my cream remover. They don't dry out my face too badly, but I also make sure to tone and moisturize right after. I'm left with that lovely satisfied feeling that you get when you see all your make-up wiped off onto the little towel. For being rather inexpensive, these guys do a pretty great job.

I'd still like to try other make-up removing wipes to see if I can find my holy grail wipes, but I feel as if I'll definitely repurchase these in the future. For a cheaper alternative to some wipes that likely does just as good of a job, these wipes are a really great option. 



2 comments:

  1. These sound good, but as your in the USA I doubt I would be able to pick them up here, I'm the same though I am always trying new things.

    Meme xx

    New post:
    'Mini Make-Up Haul// Max Factor and L'oreal'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't even check to see if these were only available in the US! They probably are, unfortunately ):

      Delete