Saturday, April 11, 2015

Batiste Dry Shampoo | Review


Everyone and their mother has heard of Batiste dry shampoos. It comes in many different types, some not as well-received as others, but generally there are pretty good things to be heard about Batiste.

I have never tried dry shampoos before this, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I use it when I feel my hair needs an extra boost, or seems limp and dull, and most often on my "second day hair". At first, it was difficult for me to remember that this wasn't hairspray. But I kept using it, and have finally decided to give a small review on it.

I don't feel like this one, the cherry one, in particular does anything special for me. I may try the 'normal' type at some point, as well as other brands. The smell of this is slightly off-putting to me. It doesn't smell bad, just odd, even though I generally love cherry scents. It makes my hair feel somewhat dusty, even after running my fingers through it, combing slightly, etc. I'm not sure that I'm very fond of it.

My hair is very thin and fine as it is, and I have to wonder if dry shampoo may benefit those with thicker hair more. If I ever find some amazing sort of dry shampoo that knocks my socks off, I'll be sure to bring it up here, but for now my foray into that world has been less than rewarding.

I will say, though, I love the packaging! It's very vintage looking. I quite like it.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Agree 100% with your review. This is the first Batiste dry shampoo that I have tried and although it wasn't bad it just wasn't good enough that I would repurchase it. The smell is weird and kind of felt like it got caught at the back of my throat and for me it also didn't do much after a few hours the day my hair looked just as lifeless and oily as it did before applying the dry shampoo.

    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I couldn't quite describe the smell well but you've got it, it did kind of get stuck in my throat and lingered. I'll just have to try other brands and see if they've got anything to offer!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've tried this one. I used to use the original mostly. Dry shampoo is definitely a staple product though. I don't use it too often because I find it dries out my hair, but it's good for those hair emergency days.

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to find one that suits my hair, I definitely have those hair emergencies and need a good one to come through for me!

      Delete
  3. I love that scent SO much, it's my favorite. As I have quite thick hair, it works really well

    My blog: http://x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    -xxxx-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is so nice! I think because my hair is so thin and fine it just doesn't quite do it for me...sigh, lol. I'll find the one for me!

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I am forever trying to find a decent dry shampoo that doesn't leave that horrid dust residue you described in your hair!
    I've recently tried the Aussie dry shampoo... I advise you don't. I shook the can and it went EVERYWHERE, I hadn't even sprayed it!! Not good.
    Pleeeease post if you find a great dry shampoo! :)
    By the way I love your blog name!

    Helena X
    http://xcatsandcappuccinosx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds horrific! I use Aussie shampoo and it's decent but I've never tried the dry shampoo...I don't think I will now, thanks for the warning! I definitely will post when I find a good one :)
      Thank you so much!!

      Delete